Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need to find download sites to download .mds/.mdf files!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

U60n0

U60n0

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Can any body tell me where is a place to download .mds/.mdf files, like a image file used by virtual drive programs? I have looked all over the place, and I just can't find a place, but somehow, one of my friends downloaded a halo mds and a halo mdf file, and he doesn't remember where he got it. I know there out there, but does anybody know where?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
If all you want to do is mount your disks virtually in Alcohol you should be able to rip the original CDs to a format that Alcohol can use, and in some cases they will work (though some programs won't talk to virtual CD emulator programs).

U60n0

U60n0

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have an HP Pavillion ZV5000 with what I think is a Toshiba DVD-RW drive and either the copying will take days (literally) or the drive doesn't work with Alcohol (like I said I think it's a Toshiba, but I'm not sure, it doesn't list a company on the drive) because it get stuck on this one weird thing, so maybe you can help me with that? I don't know.

Donclurd

Donclurd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
or you could just use Damon tools and Alcohol. But you need Damon Tools for for the files.

removed link because it can be used for illegal purposes and thus is a violation of our terms of service.

Edited by starjax, 17 July 2007 - 03:03 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
This is kinda of a sticky issue while its not anything illegal really there is some weird piece of US legislation that you cant bypass copy protection even if you own the original medium so this topic will have to be closed. GameCopyWorld as above is what i use to get mini images and fixed exes so i don't have to use disks all the time(although an increasing number of games are abandoning disk checking). If you look for patches allot of the time a patch update can let you play without disks just check the changelist on the patches.

I'm leaving the link above purely out of concern for your safety because its a safe site you can get them else where but they are often infected with malware.

I would ditch Alcohol and just get Daemon tools for mounting all your images its allot better for it than alcohol and uses fewer resources to do it.