Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer failed to resume from hibernation, now stuck at error screen

• Please log in to reply

theone77

theone77

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, a friend of mine is having comp troubles and asked me to help. The story goes like this, her kids were messing with the computer and apparently set it to hibernate, then shut it off while in that state. The problem is what happens next. The computer boots up like normal then goes to screen that says something like ''system failed to resume from hibernation would you like to continue: press enter[y] esc[n]'' but the computer does not respond to the keystrokes. i dont think its the keyboard because the numlock key lights up. I tried two keyboards with no luck. Any ideas on how to fix?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
I presume you're pressing Enter or Esc and not Y and N?

theone77

theone77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Heh, thanks for your reply but i wish it was that simple. Not only did I press all four buttons (esc,enter,y,n) but I just about pressed every button on the keyboards. Im sure the computer is not responding to the keys.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Lets test it.

Go Ahead and get Knoppix

Test the keys in that Live OS CD.

Do the keys work?