Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need vista on disk

• Please log in to reply

Somerville

Somerville

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey i have lost my disk for vista and im not very good with this sort of thing but can i get the file out of 'my computer' and save it till a dvd... just checking out here before i waste dvds or mess up my computer some how thanks fsor any help

Advertisements

gumby701

gumby701

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
No, my suggestion would be to order a replacement from Microsoft....but the most important part is the key. Make sure you have that.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Somerville...

gumby701 is right. Your best option is to contact Microsoft if your Vista version was purchased retail...or contact your computers manufacturer for a recovery set if that's the case. Either way, the only sure way to get a viable install disk is through the vendor.

wannabe1