Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wireless Network Frequent Disconnects

• Please log in to reply

Felade

Felade

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
On my wireless network, consisting of two computers using an 802.11g Wireless USB Adapter and a laptop using its own Wifi card, from time to time I get frequent disconnects. It is rather more so infrequent because I can go on for long periods of time without a disconnect. I do not disconnect from the network, all that happens is (say Im in WoW, all actions stop responding and I know I have disconnected or lagging, and eventually I disconnect) so its my net that goes off. But when I restart my USB by taking it out then putting it back again as soon as it gets the network the net is fine again.

What I consider a "DC" is I lag or am not connected to internet from 30 seconds - 2 minutes, so much so that I have to relogin things like WoW or MSN. A force reconnect by restarting USB will usually get it back up and running. I disconnect or lag periodically when someone strarts up the computer/laptop, and it seems the laptop always gives some grief just in general >.< I think due to the fact that it runs off a wifi card.

I disabled WZC and now just connect via my USB Adapter conifugration software, still same results..

Any help?

Thanks.

Advertisements