Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Shutdown

• Please log in to reply

Kalo93

Kalo93

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
Hiya, my computer just shuts down randomly when im doing something, but it isnt like normally.

its when like im playing a game like gunz. basically when im doing something that could be laggy.

it shuts down like when you hold in the power button and it shuts down right away.

any help?

Advertisements

Kalo93

Kalo93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
ARE U GONNA HELP OR WAT THIS IS RELY DOING MY BRAIN IN!

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Please take it easy, we're not always available to answer questions immediately.

Can you download and install a copy of SpeedFan?

When you open SpeedFan, you'll be presented with a list of your computers temperatures and fan speeds:

Posted Image

Please give us a reading from when you first turn your computer on and another when you're doing something CPU intensive like gunz.

It would also help if you could give an approximate age of the computer and its specifications.

Edited by ClickRight, 01 July 2007 - 02:17 PM.

Kalo93

Kalo93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Posted Image

there

Edited by Kalo93, 01 July 2007 - 02:37 PM.

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Sorry Kalo93, didn't get an updated post because you edited a previous post.

Anyways, looks like we've isolated the source of your problem. The maximum temperature on you CPU, if I remember correctly, is 70c. Any higher, and your computer will shutdown to save your CPU.

So, what you need to do, or get somebody to do is clean out your computer. Chances are if you open it up, there will be dust blocking the CPU heatsink and fan, which does the job or keeping your processor cool.

If you're relatively comfortable, you can turn your computer off, flip the switch at the back off (if you have one) and then remove the side panel. It's best to use some compressed air to blow dust away from the affected areas.

This is a good general guide to computer cleaning, but not very specific to your needs. I'll try and find something better.

Edited by ClickRight, 01 July 2007 - 03:44 PM.

Kalo93

Kalo93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Thanks, il do it tomorrow.

you guys shud make this guy staff.

YES! YOU FIXED MY RPOBLEM, THANKS CLICKRIGHT

Edited by Kalo93, 02 July 2007 - 10:48 AM.