Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

se.dll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wkaffo1

wkaffo1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[quote name='thunderbolt' date='Mar 1 2005, 11:21 PM']
My sons computer is infected with se.dll and I cannot remove it. I tried spybot, trend sysclean, since the online trend fails and closes the browser on a registry entry called hardwage.txt I also am trying spysweeper and cannot get rid of this sucker. Doing a google search brought me to your site and I downloaded and ran hijack this. I have been fighting this thing all week and am about to give up.

Any help would be appreciated as I am exhausted. I am attaching my hijack this log.

Wkaffo Says:

Guys I have just encountered this software and it infected two of my machines. It is possible to get rid of with some patience without having to re-install windows.

The first thing to do is shutdown the fake application labled Run32dll using CTRL ALT Del then close task or delete this task.

The next thing is to find where Se.dll resides the delete it and open a new file using note pad and save it as se.dll with nothing in it. Then chnage the attributes to read only and hidden.

Then run Hijack this and remove all references to 'Blank', mysearch or any search usually the top 7 or so lines. Also remove any lables saying BHO (no name) at the end also remove any text/filter entries usually the last two entries with a file name corresponding to one of the BHO (no name entries). Finally remove the line run ..(sp) .....run32.dll. Once you have used Hijack to clear these entries run Hijack again. It should not register any of the entries above. Now reboot the PC. Run Hijack again hopefully it should be clean. The thing to watch out for is wether the application is still there. so now run I-explorer if the search page comes up you have to repeat the process again looking for anything additional that maybe suspicious. Never run IE without rebooting PC first as this re-infects the PC. Hopefully this helps. :tazz:

Advertisements