Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Wipe the hard drive clean

• Please log in to reply

Qorayah

Qorayah

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello, I am wanting to sell my old computer using windows 2000. I would like to take everything off that pertains to me and my family, can you help me in assisting how to wipe all things of that nature of my computer?

Thank you

Qorayah

Advertisements

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I've got exactly what you're looking for.

It's called Darik's Boot and Nuke. It's a bootable CD that will wipe your data off.

You'll be downloading a file named "dban-1.0.7_i386.iso" And you'll want to burn it do a CD as an image (not a data file.) If you don't have a CD burning application, you can use ImgBurn, it was made specifically for this purpose.

If you need any more assistance, post back in this thread.

Qorayah

Qorayah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am not needing to save anything from the old computer, I need to just get everything off of it. Will the ingburn do that of just back everything up to wipe it clean?

Fllash

Fllash

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yep. Once you boot from the CD you don't back anything up. There are no prompts, so all hard drives and partitions will be wiped clean.

Fllash