Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chalky sound

• Please log in to reply

JayBern

JayBern

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
Upon video streaming at any video site, like youtube, the clip/anime's sound produced is very chalky. I don't know how to explain in detail. But at certain parts during the video, my speakers produces a chalky sound. But at certain parts it plays smoothly. It's not the video in particular because upon investigation on the same video, parts that are played chalky plays normally. And parts that plays normally plays chalkily.

Example:
Hey Tom! Where are you going? (Played normally)
Hhhhhhheyy TTTTToommmmm! ! ! Wherrrrrrrrrrrre aaaaaaaaare yoooouu gggggggoiiiinnggggg????? (Played chalkily)

Advertisements

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Do you have a relatively new computer? What browser are you using? Do you have the latest flash player installed?

JayBern

JayBern

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts
I'm using firefox. Not a relatively new computer at all. At least 2 years old, near 3. Laptop. Not sure about the latest flash player part. How do I check.

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
I have seen firefox "eat" a large amount of system resources for no apparent reason. This can cause the jerkiness you experienced. Can you try and view some movies in Internet Explorer (just as a test) and see if you still experience the same issue? Let us know what happens.

You can download the latest version of Flash Player here. Just close your browser before you install it.

Edited by ClickRight, 01 July 2007 - 03:05 PM.