Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Installed new card and ram, but gaming is super-slow

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I bought a Radeon 9600PRO 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP Video Card, and a gig of ram. Before I couldn't play any games but now I can, so I bought the Sims 2 and installed it since my computer meets the minimum specs. Graphics are okay, but the game performance is extremely slow. This is the only game I have so I have nothing else to test my computer with.

I've tried everything to speed it up - defragmenting, disk cleanup, deleting a few gigs of my stuff, but it's still really slow. I'm guessing that it's because of my harddrive. It has 40 gigs, but I'm already using up 28 gigs with 12 gigs of free space. Help, please?

My system specs:
Window XP home edition
2.4 ghz Intel Celeron processor
1 gig of RAM
The said video card
40 gb hardrive (12 gb free space)

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hi corgonin, welcome to Geeks to Go! It's possible your computer has been infected with malware, your RAM or video card is faulty, but I'm thinking the problem is your power supply. Can you post the specs of your power supply?