Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2000 processor hog

• Please log in to reply

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Running outlook 2000 on a core duo 6600 processor - when outlook is open the processor is working at 40-50% constantly- why so much? When I initially start it the processor usage is almost 0%, then about 1 minute later it goes to 40-50% and stays there, could it be caught in a loop?

I tried disabling the antivirus and firewall and no difference. I ran the detect and repair utility under the help menu. I checked process on task manager and outlook.exe is the only one using the processor. This is a new install, so I should not have corrupted files . the only thing I copied over thru the import/export feature was the contacts. Loaded updates up to rev 3 for office and all security updates.

Is there a setting in outlook that can address this, what is outlook doing to require so much processor?

thx much

Ignore this post, today I left Outlook on for a couple of hours, and now it is back to normal - no idea why - maybe something funky windows was doing to it - possibly updating something??????????? Either way it took a couple of days for this to "fix" itself.

Edited by Jimmy27, 02 July 2007 - 07:36 PM.

Advertisements

Jimmy27

Jimmy27

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
how do you unload an update, I looked under add/remove programs and it is not there???

thx
never mind, found the check option - I do not have this update on my machine but my outlook 2000 is still working slow -using 50% of the processor doing nothing. Any other updates to check?

Edit:Split from http://www.geekstogo...ne-t158861.html

Edited by dsenette, 03 July 2007 - 01:05 PM.
Split and merge