Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Musicmatch and video players

• Please log in to reply

Strifey

Strifey

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Wasn't sure which area I should post this under since it's a weird problem, but this seemed closest. The problems I've been having are very odd, and really just more annoying than anything else, everything can still actually work.

First, the Musicmatch problem. I have buttons on my keyboard for stop, forward, back, play/pause. Whenever I have Musicmatch Jukebox as my top window, hitting the back or forward button on my keyboard makes it skip back/forward 2 songs instead of only 1. However, when any other window is in front of it the keyboard buttons will make it go forward/back by only 1 as it should. Also I should mention, when I click the actual buttons on the player with my mouse everything always works fine.

Now onto my video playing problem, which is far more annoying. If I open a video on any player (Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, VLC, DivX, RealPlayer, Quicktime) the sound works fine, but the video will not play. Now for the weird part; if I open a video, then open the same (or a different one) right after the first starts, the second will play just fine with sound and video and I just need to exit the first. Again this happens on any player, and with any file type.

This second problem first started after I installed a new video card (a Sapphire X1950 Pro) and updated to the newest version of Windows Media Player (though I've since gone back to version 10). At first I thought it was some problem with codecs since it seemed as if they simply wouldn't play, but then I stumbled across the trick to getting them to play so I really don't know what's going on now.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
As for musicmatch your computer is working as designed. Sorry. I have the same issue try using windows midea player it has better support for that.
( :whistling: did i just say use a windows product.)

As for your video issue try reinstalling your Video drivers and your sound drivers.

Strifey

Strifey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
For Musicmatch that's odd, because my keyboard always worked fine with it until a few months ago, I guess it's not a huge deal though so it doesn't matter much.

When I try to install the newest Display Driver for my video card, I get a popup window titled 'Severe' which says below 'Zero Display Service Error.', I forgot that I'd also gotten this error when installing the drivers when I first got this video card.

I also have another problem that should be under hardware, but I might as well mention it here rather than making a new thread. I bought a 500GB hdd about a month ago and I can't seem to get it to work. I put it in, it's all hooked up correctly, I went into BIOS and detected it as my primary slave drive, it even says right in there "Hard Drive" "500 GB", however I still can't seem to access it to save stuff onto. Is there something I need to do after detecting it in BIOS?

Strifey

Strifey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I usually don't like bumping topics, but it's been more than a week since I've gotten a response and I'm still having these problems, so.. bump.