Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

satellite extension or even wireless?

• Please log in to reply

Common

Common

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
hello im using bell express vu satellite service and i was wondering if there are such things as extension cords for the satellite. its the one with a round outside and one little metal thread in the middle.

also a better alternative would be like a wireless adapter if there even is such thing lol

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
couple of questions...

how does the satelite hook to your computer? does that cable (that's a COAX cable by the way....same as what goes to your TV) not connect into a modem of some kind inside of your house? how does that modem connect to y our computer? what are you trying to extend? the connection between the modem and the satelite or the modem and your computer?

Common

Common

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
oh sorry for not clearing it up. Im actually talking about satellite TELEVISION lol. The one where theres a satellite box and you just hook it up into your tv

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
....and are you wanting to extend from the satellite to the box or the box to the TV?...the answer to either is yes...you can extend that connection....to a point...if you get too far away the signal will degrade

Common

Common

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
sweet. im trying to extend the connection from the satellite to the box. my satellite is outside(obviously lol) and it goes into my living room. i want to put my tv in my room but then i would have to get an extension and it would have to travel a good 30 feet lol

so is there any products? links would be loved :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well assuming that the cable that goes from your satelite dish to your reciever box is plain coaxial cable...then all you have to do is go to your hardware store and buy one long enough

Common

Common

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
is there such thing as a wireless satellite extension though?