Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Album Artwork in ITunes

• Please log in to reply

redleader74

redleader74

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I tried looking on the ITunes Website (Apple Website) for the solution to this problem, but that proved useless. So here's the problem. I have an album loaded into my ITunes that I want to add album artwork for. Here are some of the particulars

-The songs are on my hard drive (not my Ipod).
-The songs are all .mp3 (I ripped them off CD's or downloaded from other pay sites on the internet), not ITunes .mp4 files.
-I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Inspiron laptop
-The version of ITunes I'm using is not the latest, which is Version 7. I think I'm using the version prior to that.

I can add the album artwork for some songs on the same album, but not others. I've tried adding them by dragging the image into the album artwork window in the lower left hand corner of the ITunes window as well as using the "add album artwork" feature when you right clock on a song to view song info. Neither method works for these particular songs. I'm very puzzled as to why I'm only have problems with some songs and not others, even though they're all on the same album, all .mp3 files, and all downloaded at the same time. This album is a Chinese album, so some songs have Chinese characters for the title while others are in English (the actual .mp3 file names though, are all english). The ONLY difference I've been able to identify so far is that the problem are all with the songs with English titles.

Let's see, what else... I'm having this same problem with other albums from the same artist, downloaded from the same pay website (this website specializes in selling Chinese language artists).

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
any reason you havent updated to the lastest version of ITunes?

redleader74

redleader74

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I will update my version to version 7 tonight.

Do you think that the version has something to do with it?

thanks.