Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trouble Reading .mp3 files on Ipod via Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

redleader74

redleader74

• PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
Here's my problem...

I like to connect my Ipod to my computer at work and use Windows Media Player to listen to the music on it. ( I don't have ITunes installed on my work computer...and am not allowed to). Anyway, I'm running Windows XP on a Dell Precision 380. I'm using Windows Media Player 10.

In order to retrieve the songs on my Ipod I go to "Tools"-->"Search For Media Files" and under the "Look In" window I search for the ITunes/Music folder in my Ipod, which appears as the E:\ drive once connected to my computer. This of course, requires me to first go into my Ipod via Windows Explorer and turn off the "hidden" setting on my Itunes music folder.

Once the search is finished, I'll see all the songs on my Ipod listed in Windows Media Player. I know that ITune .mp4 music files (songs bought from ITunes) do not show up in Windows Media Player, only .mp3 songs that I either ripped from CD's or bought from other websites. However, some songs of the latter category are not showing up, and I can't figure out why.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks!!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
could be that wmp isn't showing them because of licensing issues? Could simply be a compatibility issue as well.