Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

COD2 "Cannot locate CD/ DVD ROM" ...

• Please log in to reply

craigs_uk

craigs_uk

• Pip
  • 3 posts
COD2_Error_Message.jpg

This Error message appears after trying to run Call of Duty 2 Single player, this only occurs when trying to run single player as multiplayer works fine.

I've completed COD2 a few times but then i upgraded (downgraded :whistling:) my pc to Vista 32-Bit, after about a month i felt like playing COD2 single player again but i can't because of the said error message

This isn't a hardware problem as i've got an AMD AM2 X2 5200+ and 8800gtx

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by craigs_uk, 02 July 2007 - 11:28 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
try reinstalling the game.

craigs_uk

craigs_uk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the reply, i re-installed and sadly it still won't let me go on single player... the same "cannot locate dvd" error message.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
2 - You get disk read errors or insert CD/DVD error messages when you try and run the game.

This can be caused by CD/DVD cloning software such as Alcohol 120%, Clone CD/DVD, Daemon tools etc.
Uninstall the cloning software or disable emulation in the cloning software and try again.

If that doesn't work try setting the transfer mode of the CD/DVD drive PIO only mode.

Edited by starjax, 02 July 2007 - 11:25 PM.

craigs_uk

craigs_uk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Wahoo ! Got it working. I had it running in compatability mode for Win XP disabled it and ran it as admin. Thanks for the help because if i didn't search in PIO mode on google i wouldn't of discovered that i had to disable compatability mode. Thanks again starjax

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
oops. I didn't catch that you were running vista, otherwise that would have been my first suggestion. Glad you got it sorted out.

mowana

mowana

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have the same problem but i have windows xp,can any body explain to me what can i make and what is pio,thanks.