Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Managing user accounts

• Please log in to reply

demonicangel

demonicangel

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Hi, not sure where this would go, but anyways, here is the issue, well my family has small business selling popsicles, so theres only one pc for the entire household and business, the prob is not the pc, the girl who works for us is, she's been dedicating too much time chatting instead of working and now she has work backed up, so what i would like to know is how to uninstall the messenger from her user account only on the pc. any help would b much appreaciated

Advertisements

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Hi, not sure where this would go, but anyways, here is the issue, well my family has small business selling popsicles, so theres only one pc for the entire household and business, the prob is not the pc, the girl who works for us is, she's been dedicating too much time chatting instead of working and now she has work backed up, so what i would like to know is how to uninstall the messenger from her user account only on the pc. any help would b much appreaciated

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

defmonk

defmonk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
What messenger are you talking about? is it Windows messenger or the regular IRC?

defmonk

defmonk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
If Messenger means Windows Messenger, Yahoo or googletalk, then u may need to uninstall and reinstall. During installation specify to limit installation to the particular user logged on (not in the exact words but something like that) and then do same for all other user accounts except for the person you want to lock out.

If messenger is messenger service in wondows, then u may need to disable the service or set it to run 'manual' as opposed to 'automatic' (you may do this from the Services console).

demonicangel

demonicangel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
msn messenger 8.0

defmonk

defmonk

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Uninstall then reinstall....choose the option that limits the installation to the user account under which the instalaltion is bein done.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you could also check out SteadyState from microsoft Here...it replaces the "shared computer toolkit for XP"...it allows you to set up rules that handle how a multiuser system works...you can set things up in many different ways...dissallow programs alltogehter for specific users and all kinds of things...you can even make it so that any changes that user makes to the PC (like installing programs, moving or deleting files etc..) get reverted as soon as that user logs off

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Depends whether you mean Windows Messenger or MSN/Windows Live Messenger.

The latter can be removed from Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, the former is bundled with Windows and cannot be removed (though you can go in and stop it loading on start-up). In both cases this will affect all accounts.