Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

From Vista back to XP...

• Please log in to reply

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a Toshiba Satellite A135-S4477 which came pre-installed with Windows Vista Premium. Because Vista makes even a good machine slow down to a crawl, I decided to put on Windows XP, but I realized there are no drivers available for that model on the Toshiba website. Their customer service was no help either. I have looked around and found very little help, but instead found a lot of people with the same problem and no resolution. So, I figured I'd try here...

Does anyone know where I can get the Windows XP drivers for this model Toshiba laptop? Or should I suck it up and suffer Vista until some service packs come out? :blink:

Thanks in advance! :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
You won't find XP drivers all on one website if Toshiba doesn't have them. What you'll have to do is note down all the hardware (graphics chip, sound chip etc) using Device Manager, then visit each manufacturer's website in turn and see if they have a driver. However, there's no guarantee the driver will be compatible because quite often the hardware has been customised by the PC maker so it's non-standard. In such cases only a matching custom driver will work, and they are supplied by the PC maker --- catch 22 -- they don't have any for XP.

Edited by pip22, 03 July 2007 - 04:20 AM.