Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my new comp, get xp in the mail today

• Please log in to reply

DanKhimself

DanKhimself

• Pip
  • 5 posts
im getting the last parts for my computer today,(winXP and my gfx card) and im starting this thread incase of any problems i incur, i see that there are very knowledgable people here, first what do you guys think of my build? heres the link http://secure.newegg...tNumber=5127151 and secondly, who else has this motherboard? ive heard praise and ive heard very bad horror stories, but i always thought that ppl only posted when they had problems, so there must be ppl out there with working boards, tell me what you think, thanks

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Looks good :whistling:. As far as the board goes it looks insanely overpriced... As long as it's not DOA I'm sure you will be very happy with it though. Your case comes with 4 fans and you bought an extra. This may or may not be good. Typically you want a constant air flow. Too many fans can cause air turbulance. You can do some experimenting with it once you have recieved it. You have very nice equipment to overclock so you may want to look into a new CPU cooler to push it.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
The motherboard is a very highly recommend and used board by enthusiasts. Though unless you plan on pushing your computer to the max with overclock this board is a way overkill. Though if you plan on overclocking you will enjoy it.

Don't get the E6700, get the E6600. It's not worth the price jump for little performance gain.

I recommend going for the Thermalteck 120 extreme cooler, much better for overclocking (if this it what you plan on doing).

James

Edit: Now I see that you already got the parts, enjoy the build.

Edited by james_8970, 03 July 2007 - 02:39 PM.

DanKhimself

DanKhimself

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
yea i got the gfx card in the mail today along with xp, i installed everything and its great! well overclocking is cool but i will do that some other time, and the extra fan was going to be for the cpu cooler its white led i thought it would look awesome but the holes dont line up, so ill get the drill out and MAKE it fit some other time, prob when i get the clear sided cover for the case, thanks for the replies this is a cool forum. So i put 2 internet cables to the board and started downloading counter strike source, i was amazed to see it downloading at speeds reaching 2 mbps sometimes, thats sick, also i ran 3dmark 06 after installing the latest 1202 bios, also ive heard using the windows asus update wont work, well it does, and i scored 8544 which is good for all stock speeds, so far im very happy, i better be for the price right, and that score was with lg 22 inch lcd

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Please do not drill holes into the motherboard
James

DanKhimself

DanKhimself

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hahahahahaha, james, thanks for looking out, but im not retardedHAHAHA IM STILL CRACKING UP, oh man your funny, no i meant the holes on the FAN were about a quarter inch too far apart, and judging from these little tab looking things on the fan frame they look to be locator marks for different mounting holes, haha that was funny man, ill drill that so i can mount it to the fan bracket that comes with the cpu cooler, the mobo is safe, im a motorcycle technician, we went through a lot of electrical training and i learned (suprisingly) a lot about computers from MMI in orlando, plus my friends are into computers too, i wouln't do that, man this place has people who really care, [bleep] seriously thanks for looking out

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
:whistling: Glade to hear you wern't trying to enlarge the holes or something.

Or create new ones :blink:

James