Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Better drivers for 7950gt

• Please log in to reply

defender13

defender13

• PipPip
  • 87 posts
Basically the Nvidia drivers the newest 94.24 arent cutting it performance wise.Can anyone reccommend any better drivers that would squeeze me out a little more performance?Im debating on buying another one of these cards for more performance but im hoping a simple driver change would aid me a little bit and plus i dont have the money right now.Most games run fine i've just recently been hitting 27 and even the teens (around 18!) on Insurgency HL2 mod and i want to at least bottom out a nothing lower than 30.

System specs:

processor: Intel core 2 duo e6400
Gfx: Evga 7950GT 256 mb (i overclocked to : [core 620/mem 841] )
ram: 2 gigs G.skill ddr2 800
mobo: Asus 650i

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
It could be your drivers, you might try using an earlier release and seeing if that helps. It might also be something else, like your PSU. If it's not giving your computer enough power then your graphics could be a lot slower than they should be. Can you post some specs on what PSU you have (preferably a link as well) so we can check out its capabilities?

Cheers :whistling:

defender13

defender13

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
Its definatley not my psu.Its an OCZ gamestreak 700watt.Its rated for quad sli and sli of 80 series from nvidia.I just want to know what a better set of drivers are that could possibly get me a little more performance.Im not saying that im dissatisfied with the performance or that i think something may be wrong either.The card delivers solid frames in all my games on max settings like it should and has from day 1 but I, like everyone else want a little more out of what i have.I like to tweak around with my rig and am just trying to get more out of it.I know for example there omega drivers and exteme G drivers but i really dont know much about either and need to know what has been more useful to people in terms of performance.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817341002

Edited by defender13, 04 July 2007 - 12:29 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Alright no worries, sometimes people come in who have no idea about their PSU, so I was just checking, that's all. As for other drivers, I'm not experienced in this area, so I guess we'll just have to wait for someone to come along who has tried it or heard about it. In the mean time, I suggest reading up about them as much as you can.

Cheers :whistling:

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Here is a guide to tweaking the new Forceware drivers.