Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my printer's lost it!

• Please log in to reply

madugongmaria

madugongmaria

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i have an hp deskjet 1180c, and its been printing normally before this month.

we don't use original hp cartridges because its too pricey, so we bought cartridges from the shops that know how to refill them (well they also sell generic cartridges and theirs has a much lower price...).

anyways, i noticed that the hp printer doesnt recognize generic cartridges because it always indicates that our cartridges were empty, but prints out colored or b&w documents well anyway.

but now, our cartridges are full, and yet when i print a colored document, the magenta doesnt appear enough! (which means that if i print pure red, it appears orange).

help! what do u guys suggest i do?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I suggest three things to try:

1) There should be a self-cleaning option under maintenance for your printer, use your manual to help find it and try doing that.

2) Take the latest cartridge (or refill) back along with your receipt and explain that it's not working, and that you've tried the printer's cleaning options, they should replace it for you.

3) Try genuine HP cartridges, if this doesn't work either then you know your printer is dead.

Good luck :whistling: