Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

computer not powering up

• Please log in to reply

summernz

summernz

• Pip
  • 3 posts
<_<
Hi there, my computer will not power up. When i turn it on there is power going in to it but it is not powering the monitor or the cd drive. Is iall the data now lost?//
Many thanks for your assistance.

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
welcome to geekstogo
when you power it up do you get any beeps?do you get any lights on your cpu?
<_<

summernz

summernz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for yoiur help. When I turn on the power the CPU light does go and the re is the ususal motor/fan sound. No beeps or lights anywhere else- not even the ususal light to the cd writer.
Thanks so much once again.

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
have you tryed to boot with a boot disk in your floppy?
<_<

summernz

summernz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
:blush
Hi again,
Am too scared to try this as i thought it would lose the curent format of my information and i have some very important info i should have backed up but did not.
What should i do???

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
hi
booting with a boot disk will not lose any info. on your hard drive it will just boot to a A:/ this just helps us if where the problem may be you will not lose any data.
<_<