Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sony Cybershot--Vista Demands Drivers I Don't Have!

• Please log in to reply

ummmm

ummmm

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I just bought a Sony Cybershot DSC-S650 and everything was working fine until I tried to connect it to my computer. I installed the software that came with the camera and all, but when I plugged it in Vista kept searching for drivers, and there are none!!! I have tried switching my camera from USB Mass Storage to Pictbridge to PTP Mode, but still it demands a driver. Sony has not released a Vista Driver, and from what their site says, they will not. Sony Says "The Cyber-shot® camera driver is included in the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system. It is not necessary to update the driver." Yet, somehow, the driver seems not to have been included in my Vista. Please help in any way you can. It is greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi ummmm, it might be an idea to try visiting the Microsoft Updates website, it might be pending for your system. Otherwise you should be able to get free support from the Sony webpage as you have "just" bought it, meaning it's probably still under warranty.

ummmm

ummmm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I Tried Windows Update but no luck. I also contacted Sony eSuport, but still no response. Any other ideas?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

I also contacted Sony eSuport, but still no response

Maybe you could wait a little longer? How long ago did you contact them? I don't really think it's anything anybody here can help you with, unless they can find you a driver that works.

ummmm

ummmm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I guess so. The thing is that I've been searching for a card reader/writer that is compatible with Vista, but there are none!!! It's so frustrating. I bought a Sony 17 in 1 Multi-Card Reader/Writer and, though many web sites say it is Vista Compatible, my computer just searches endlessly for drivers! Can you help me with that?

ummmm

ummmm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have the solution!!!!!! So, it turns out that sometimes the USB Ports get confused and don't know where to look for drivers. So, whenever there is a faulty device plugged in, you can simply go to device manager, right-click the device, click update software, click browse for drivers, and set the directory to C:\Windows\System32 . That's IT!!!!! Vista will search for and find all necessary drivers and voila! You will be able to use your devices. Thank you, ruthandtroy, for your help and goodbye!

Edited by ummmm, 07 July 2007 - 10:49 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
No worries, although it doesn't look like I was much help! :blink: Well done, glad you got it fixed. :whistling: