- Case: APEVIA X-Navigator ATXA8NW-AL/500 - $130+16 from Newegg (but I'm not sure if I trust the included power supply, so...)
- PSU: SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM - $180 from Newegg (free shipping)
- Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R - $156+7.5 from ClubIT
- CPU: After the new Intel Core 2s come out at the end of the month, probably the Q6600. Budgeted about $300.
- Cooling: ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT - $50 from Newegg
- Graphics: MSI NX8800GTS-T2D640E-HD OC GeForce 8800GTS 640MB (oddly cheaper than non-overclocked) - $350+7 from Newegg
- Memory: 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 PC2-8000 (already bought, was $85 from Buy.com)
- Optical: Sony NES Optiarc AW-Q170A-B2 - $31+5 from Newegg
- Optical 2: Lite-On combo drive - $28+6 from Newegg (trying both due to conflicting advice )
- Misc: NES Floppy drive, Aces multifunction card reader, and Arctic Silver 5, $36+7 from OutletPC
- Misc: Lapping Kit from Easy PC Kits, $8+6 from EasyPCKits
SeaSonic M12 SS-500HM - $125+8 from Newegg
MSI 8800GTS-T2D320E-HDOC GeForce 8800GTS - $302 from onSale (free shipping)
And I'm also thinking about the following, though I'm not sure if the gains will be worth the money - any thoughts?
- New mouse: Logitech G5 - 37.5+8 from Geeks.com (older version) or 54(+8) from Magnum-PC (newer)
- Cooling: Tuniq Tower 120, $47+9 from XPCGear (only $6 more than the Zalman, don't know if it'd fit)
Audio: Audigy Sound Blaster - $24+11 from Magnum-PC Cooling: Cooler Master Aquagate S1 - $65(+11) from Magnum-PC (but can combine with the audio to save shipping)
I was trying for a couple of things here... I wanted to try some overclocking, and have some future-proofing for the next 4 or 5 years. I'm keeping to a price range of about $1250-1500, but I'm pretty much replacing my current desktop, so I don't need a keyboard or a monitor or such.
This is my first time building a system, so I've been basing my research from the ExtremeTech Bang for the Buck build and George Ou's Bang for the Buck blog post.
Thank you for comments, in advance!
Edited by AySz88, 08 July 2007 - 02:51 PM.