Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor Turns Off

• Please log in to reply

geekako

geekako

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
My monitor just keeps turning off. I don't know about the operating system because when the monitor shuts off, I can still see the lights are on in my CPU. plus, I can still hear the cpu fan working. but after a while the monitor turns on but windows restarts. It started about 3 months ago but then recently it happens very often. I suspect it to be a power supply problem but Im not sure. Does anyone else experience this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
If your computer has a video card then start by cleaning and reseating it. Download Everest Home Edition: Everest.

Run the program and select "report". Click "next" then select "hardware related pages" and have it in text format. Report your system summary and the information listed under "sensor".

Next will be to test your RAM. Here is a guide to using Memtest: Keith's Memtest Guide. You can download Memtest here: Memtest. Let it run overnight and report your results along with the Everest information.

geekako

geekako

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Next will be to test your RAM. Here is a guide to using Memtest: Keith's Memtest Guide. You can download Memtest here: Memtest. Let it run overnight and report your results along with the Everest information.

sorry. never got the chance to test the RAM or anything. Its happening very often and within minutes from startup. additional info, after the monitor shuts off and I restart it, a message appears before I got to log in in windows.

"Overclocking Failed! Please enter Setup to re-configure your system..."

I didn't change any settings in my BIOS and I never overclocked. what could be the problem.

Edited by geekako, 07 July 2007 - 11:10 PM.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Try and enter the bios you can do this by hitting the del button once every sec while the computer turns on.
Now shoose load optimal settings. This will change the settins of the bios andsuld solve the problem that is sais overclocking.