Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop momentarly freezes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Oops, sorry, I just realized I gave you the XP instructions, but glad to hear DMA is ok. Can you try using the computer in safe mode for a while and see if it still locks up in safe mode? I'm leaning towards a driver issue here, possibly with the graphics card.

Advertisements

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
XP is the OS on the laptop, the safe mode thing, well, that will be hard for me. I let the machine run with music playing, that way I know when it acts up, in safe mode, can not play music.
Ran in safe mode for over an hour and it did not act up. Rebooted and disabled the graphic card and it acted up the 1st 3 minutes.

Gonna run a hard drive test and will let you know how that goes.

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
Ran HDD test ant it went without a hitch. I am completely out of ideas.

racenutalways

racenutalways

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,675 posts
Closed this topic due to not in possession of the laptop anymore. thanx to all who responded. :whistling:

Peace out!!