Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I don't have sound!

• Please log in to reply

Verrz

Verrz

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hey, Dunamis here I have been on COUNTLESS Tech Forums etc. and no one has ever been able to help me, They say there #1 and all that stuff but they don't even reply to your post for a few days and when they do they don't help you AT ALL, I hope you guys are different i need sound, Here is some information on my computer.

Computer Brand: Genuine Intel, Intel® Celeron™ Processor

Manufactured by: Intel

Ram: 127.0MB

AC'97 Audio Controller
Audio Controller Type Intel 82801AB ICH0
Codec Name Analog Devices AD1881
Codec ID 41445340h
S/PDIF Output Not Supported

The above information is all the audio stuff from the program called "Everest"

I hope you can help me find a driver and tell me what to do with it. (If thats the problem)

-Thanks

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go.

Right click on "My Computer" and select Manage. Click on the Device manager. Do you see any yellow "!"?

Have your tried different speakers or tried the speakers you are using on a different computer? If you havn't you will want to do that to make sure that the speakers are not the issue.

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Sorry for not replying sooner, I checked and there are no "!" yellow question marks.

I tried 3 different speakers that work on my laptops and two other headphones i use for my MP3 and portable DVD player and none of them work this is a driver problem, Please help INTEL is retarded and wont give me updates because there lazy!!! I need drivers off sites, not sites that redirect me to INTEL but actual sites with download files on them.

I also need Intel® 82810E Graphics Controller 6.13.1.3196 if you could help me find that.

-Thanks

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Here is a link for your graphics drivers: http://downloadcente...x?ProductID=178.

Edit: Go into your control pannel and select "sounds and audio devices". Make sure Device volume is not muted or set very low. Select "speaker volume" at the bottom and do the same check again. Next click the "audio" tab. Under sound playback click volume. Again check to make sure nothing has been muted or set to very low setting.

Edited by Titan8990, 05 July 2007 - 03:20 PM.

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Downloading the Graphics Driver now but i still need a sound driver, And i dont have Sounds and audop devices directly out of my Control Panel folder.

Edited by Verrz, 05 July 2007 - 03:32 PM.

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Oh and that Graphics Driver was the same version as the one i have i need a newer one i think its in the 6.somthing.somthing now and mines 4.somthing.somthing, If you know what i mean.

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Oh yeah and i cant get my sound volume open because theres no mixer or somthing...sorry to swarm you with questions.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Sorry it has been a long time since I have messed around with Win98. I found drivers for your sound here: http://members.drive...?driverid=84542. Make sure you uninstall your existing drivers before installing these. Is there a volume control on your taskbar next to your time? Can you think of anything that may be related to loss of sound.

Edited by Titan8990, 05 July 2007 - 03:32 PM.

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
No icon, It wont show up i click it and nothing happens i found the main program clicked it and it said something about not having a mixer...

Loss of sound...Yeah i dont have a driver installed lol how do i get a mixer..

Edited by Verrz, 05 July 2007 - 03:36 PM.

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I downloaded that sound thing but what is .dsl how do i open that

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Sorry after having another look at that site I'm not trusting of it. I will have another look for a better location.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Alright give this one a shot: http://www.driverfil...49,243,21,.html.

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Alright give this one a shot: http://www.driverfil...49,243,21,.html.

I cant find the download link on that site.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Hmm.... This is a tough one. I have yet another look. I did some research on the .dsl extension and it doesn't appear to be something that would install a driver...

I'm going to actually download the driver when I find it to make sure that it is a good working link.

Edit: Run Everest again and report the model # of your board.

Edited by Titan8990, 05 July 2007 - 03:51 PM.

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks for your help so far Titan your a life saver.