Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I don't have sound!

• Please log in to reply

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
oh by the way do i need a win98 disk for any of this?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
No, you shouldn't. I have to leave for training here soon. I am still having trouble finding a driver download for your audio chipset. Try updating your audio codecs here: http://www.realtek.c...etDown=false#AC. Do you by chance have the drivers CD that came with your MOBO?

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
All i have is my tower i got for free...Can we talk we you get back? No one else helped me :/

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Yes, we can but there is a good chance someone else will drop in. Most of the helpers are more active later at night. Let me know if the codec update worked.

Edited by Titan8990, 05 July 2007 - 04:05 PM.

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
SOMEONE COME PLEASE!!!

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
That won't help at all....

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Just bumping it up lol, You back?

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Come on help me please...

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
You must have patience. If anything your bumping has inclined people not to jump in. What things have you tried so far?

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
But i don't want others i want you Titan ^_^

Anyway ive tried, Overdose, Cutting my wrists, Jumping off a...Oh you mean computers.

I dont know what to do with the graphics drivers or whatever you gave me but there the same graphics drivers that i have installed now! HELP MEEE IM MELTINGGGGGG.

And!!!!

The sound driver you directed me too i didnt know how to download it and where to find it and what to do with it so many question so little time AHHH THE WORLDS COMING TO AN END.

So i need some help on how to get it after i click the links and what to do with it when i download it THANKS TITAN <3

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
First thing is to cut back the caffeine intake :whistling:. When you download it select "save" and put it on your desktop so it will be easy to find. Simply double click it and it should run an installer. With the graphics drivers you will want uninstall the existing graphics drivers if there is one. This is done through the control panel add/remove programs.

I dont know what to do with the graphics drivers or whatever you gave me but there the same graphics drivers that i have installed now!

Those drivers I gave you are the most up to date. If those are the drivers you have than there shouldn't be any need to reinstall. Did you ever check around all the volume settings to make sure nothing was muted?

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
I think i told you that i didnt know how to check that either that or i went to check and it was all grayed out because i dont have a sound anything i think...

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
You may not have a mixer like most computers do but there is always settings for volume. I think in Windows 98 control panel in might be in like "multimedia devices". Have a look for something like that.

Verrz

Verrz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
i found CD Volume thats it theres nothing else is there a mixer i can download?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Possibly but that isn't going to fix your problem. I'm about out of ideas.