Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Camera Hardware and Software problems

• Please log in to reply

Kelly1226

Kelly1226

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, heres the story. My sister came over to help me clear up my computer. I have a cable connection and it was running pretty slow. I have NO idea what she did, or what she deleted, but all I know is my camera is not uploading the pictures when I plug it in with the USB cable. I pug it in, and it says New hardware found, and it says my Kodak V570 then it says a problem occured during installation and it needs files and it wont work properly until I get them. THen a box pops up and says FILES NEEDED: THe file 'DcPtp.sys' on Kodak Eastman is needed. Type the path where the file is located is then click on. It also has a button to click browse. I know I could just put my memory card in the computer, but I have pictures on my internal memory that I need. Also, when I click on the Kodak EasyShare software I get an error that says " C:\Program Files\Kodak\Kodak Easyshare software\bin\Easyshare.exe This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. I HAVE TRIED TO REINSTALL several times and I get the same thing.

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

It has to be said, Kodak should have stuck to hardware because their software sucks :whistling:

OK, here's a few suggestions you could try...

1) If you happen to have a restore point which was created just prior to your Kodak problem, then you could try using that to solve the problem.
Go to Programs -> Accessories -> system tools -> system restore to check for available restore points.

If you have no such restore point, then I suggest you create one now before trying the remaining steps (just to be on the safe side!)

2) Disconnect the camera & uninstall the software/driver. If you have problems doing this, try it safe mode instead (let me know if you require instructions for booting in safe mode).
Next, follow the link below & download the Cleanup utility from Kodaks website & run it according to their instructions :
http://www.kodak.com...?osXPor98=winXP

3) Reboot & try to reinstall the camera.

Let me know how you get on

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Ok, heres the story. My sister came over to help me clear up my computer. I have a cable connection and it was running pretty slow. I have NO idea what she did, or what she deleted

Hi there, may I just politely mention that you should visit the malware forum, there could be some nasty virus that needs cleaning. A slow connection speed is one of the telltale signs you are infected. You should follow the instructions in this link.

Cheers, and good luck with the camera too!!

Kelly1226

Kelly1226

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks so much Samm! I got it!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Thanks so much Samm! I got it!

Does that mean the camera software is all working ok now?

Kelly1226

Kelly1226

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yeah I had to use that cleanup utility and then reinstall it. Thanks a lot!

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
You're very welcome. Glad to hear it all works!