Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

OUTLOOK EXPRESS

• Please log in to reply

Kathyf

Kathyf

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
An email with TOO large of an attachment is trying to send and will not let me delete.. How do I get this email stopped and deleted?

Advertisements

silverbeard

silverbeard

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPip
  • 791 posts
Hi Kathyf,

Close Outlook Express.
Go to Start and open the search feature. Search "Files and Folders" with the advanced options to search hidden and system files and look for "outbox.dbx". once you find it right click and choose Delete it. The file will be replaced with a new empty one when you open Outlook Express.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
That problem happened to me a few times with OE and IM. What I did was put my modem in standby to cut off my Internet connection. Then clicked the Stop button in to stop email client from sending. Then went to Files menu and clicked Work Offline. I was then able to go to Outbox and delete the large outgoing file. There is one other way without opening your email client by deleting the Outbox's dbx file (if OE) directly.

Ron

Kathyf

Kathyf

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Silverbeard. THANKS.. that did it.... You guys are greatly appreciated..... Thanks again