Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lack of skill in games

• Please log in to reply

I.D.S. Administrator

I.D.S. Administrator

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
There are too many games today that require little or no skill. Most likely due to the fact that some folk don't like being frusterated. However, I beat Act Raiser. I beat Castlevania II, I have played all those imensely challenging games in the days of NES, SNES and SEGA. Even though I am only 16, I can still see the grandier of old games; built to be challenging.. A game with replay value, a game in which you were proud to beat.

Sure there are the ocassional RTS games that make the occasional frusteration, but with the rush of generic RPGs, (that are more so based on graphics and storyline than gameplay) it seems to just wash away. Anyone can beat Final Fantasy or the like, but can you name me a group whom triumphed over Ghosts n' goblins?

Anyways, it all ended at Sega Dreamcast.

Advertisements

Verrz

Verrz

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I completly agree with you on all your points I myself have a crappy computer so i cant play all the new rpg with nice graphics and crappy storylines, But i do play a very interesting 2D game small community called Midvale its about player killer mostly, www.midvakepk.com check it out if you happen to download it my name is Twisted.

I.D.S. Administrator

I.D.S. Administrator

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Good show, I'll check it out in about a day.

I completly agree with you on all your points I myself have a crappy computer so i cant play all the new rpg with nice graphics and crappy storylines, But i do play a very interesting 2D game small community called Midvale its about player killer mostly, www.midvakepk.com check it out if you happen to download it my name is Twisted.

Somerville

Somerville

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey, i like idea of playing a game that takes a lot of skill and all that i was just wondering could you recommend any - doesn't matter how old the game is it'll give me something to do in my spare time. Thanks

Salku69

Salku69

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
yea those game were good back in the day but many people have autofeatures that they gotten used too..

I miss those hard games, but eh... you wont ever get that again....

Edited by Salku69, 09 July 2007 - 04:44 AM.