Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High temp on speedfan

• Please log in to reply

mozzer11

mozzer11

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
I'm getting a high temp (106c) on 'Temp3' with speedfan but i'm not sure what 'Temp3' is. Can anyone help?

In everest it says it's the CPU temp, but i'm sure its not as the fan is spinning fast.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What temperature readings do you get in Everest for the cpu, hard disk and motherboard? Regarding SppedFan I stopped using it a long time ago because I could never understand what temp belongs to what item. As a matter of fact I can't understand why they didn't change this.

mozzer11

mozzer11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Well everest doesn't detect my CPU temp, but my HD and mobo temps are 25c and 33c respectively.

mozzer11

mozzer11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
Now temp3 on speedfan has gone down to -5 :whistling:

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
As far as I remember 106 degrees indicates to open circuit which shows the top reading of SpeedFan. I guess that -5 is the minimum. Both indicate that there is no sensor to be read as temp 3.

It is possible that the cpu doesn't have a temp sensor or that it's faulty. Enter the BIOS and in Computer Health, or something of this nature, look for cpu temperature. If you don't find it there then probably there is no sensor. Please report what you see.

mozzer11

mozzer11

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 423 posts
In the BIOS it's @ 32c.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
That looks fine. I have no explanation as to why Everest don't read the sensor.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Have you tried MBM (mother board monitor)?
I have been using that a lot and it seems to be quite configuarable .