Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet explorer 7 consistently freezing

• Please log in to reply

Robleh

Robleh

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Okay, my notebook is currently running just fine, im not suspecting any spyware or viruses (i could be wrong) because i like to surf safely but i recently installed internet explorer 7 and athough it runs just fine, a lot of the times specially during the first minutes of surfing, the window just freezes: it goes into that "this program is not responding, would like to end it?" state. I press yes, send the error message and open a new window, and usually after a couple of minutes i can surf normally. Do you guys have any idea what causes this? I suspect it may be the phishing feature

Advertisements

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
You wouldn't happen to have Norton Anti-Virus installed would you? I've seen this happen on several occasions due to Norton.

I would start out by going to Tools > Manage add-ons > Enable and disable add-ons and disable any add-ons currently loaded. If the freezing stops, add them back in one-by one until you find the offender.

If IE is freezing before you can even get to this menu, you can open the control panel and go to Internet Options, select the Programs tab, and manage the add-ons from there.

Robleh

Robleh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I do have norton antivirus 360 installed on my computer, do you think it has anything to do with that? because i disabled its phishing utility.

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Yep, Norton 360 has been the worst in my opinion. Follow my directions and remove anything from norton/synamtec in the IE add-ons; that should do it until Norton fixes a patch.

Better yet, use a different antivirus if you can: Kaspersky, F-Secure, and NOD32 are all excellent choices in my opinion.

If you just bought your Norton 360, get a refund form Symantec :whistling:

Edited by ClickRight, 07 July 2007 - 09:22 PM.

Adrenalin

Adrenalin

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts
How about you just get firefox :whistling:

Included in my signature