Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

explorer not working

• Please log in to reply

inlovewithmysoldier

inlovewithmysoldier

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok, so I have an old VAIO laptop. Its pentium 3. It has ME on drive c: and Windows 2000 on D: My fiance is in Iraq, so I got a ativa wireless card for my laptop, it said it would work with me, but it wouldn't. So my friend said I needed a different operating system. So, a friend of mine loaded windows 2000 onto it. I have the driver restore CD that came with the laptop. But everything but the video driver won't load. also, the screen has now shrunk to like... 5 in by 5 in. And Io can't seem to fix it. I'm gonna go crazy here because its my only contact with my fiance'. Can some one please help me get it running again?

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What is the Model of your computer?

inlovewithmysoldier

inlovewithmysoldier

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
pcg-983L

And I looked in device manager to see if I could install the video driver, and it says its not compatible with windows 2000