Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus process failed to activate

• Please log in to reply

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
When the computer was turned on everything for start up was as usual EXCEPT a bubble popped up that the virus protection failed to activate and to run the diagnostic utility which i did. It passed everything but the configuration ? I know of no changes that have been made to the config. The help and support has been totally meaningless. They kept directing me to meaningless areas for solutions. One of these was to download McAfee and another was to sign up for their Verizon Security Suite. ETC ETC
This is very disappointing to me as they have helped me through so many other situations and i just am in shock that they will not/cannot help me resolve this.

Does anyone know of anything that i might try to resolve this??

Thank you so much.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What Antivirus are you using?

headwayne

headwayne

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Came back to let you know that after spending a day and a half with online and phone techs (they finally responded when i said Roadrunner was looking better and better) we finally got the old Verizon Security Suite uninstalled and reinstalled. Service point was the dilemma for uninstalling in case anyone else encounters this. Used the Unlocker that someone on here recommended for another challenge i had in the past.
Thank you