Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Errors, Slow Bootup, Slow Performance

• Please log in to reply

K Skrilla

K Skrilla

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello and thanks for listening.

Windows Xp Errors im getting in Event Viewer.

System:

Source = Service Control Manager.
Category= none
Type= error
Event ID = 7009

Description = Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Application Layer Gateway Service service to connect.

Source = Service Control Manager.
Category= none
Type= error
Event ID = 7000

Description = The Application Layer Gateway Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Source = atapi
Category= none
Type= error
Event ID = 9

Description = The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort0, did not respond within the timeout period.

Source = Disk
Category= none
Type= error
Event ID = 7

Description = The device, \Device\Harddisk0\D, has a bad block.

Source = Tcpip
Category= none
Type= error
Event ID = 4226

Description = TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Computer started running alot slower about a month ago. i didn't do anything with it to make it this way so thats why im here. im getting these errors
and my computer tunrs itself off here and there now. one fan will be running then the other one will run louder and then its off. The DVD drive reads dvds but not regular cds anymore. The mouse is sluggish and skipps around the screen when in use. The comp sometimes lags up or freeze for a min or two and then works sluggish again. thanks for reading. :whistling:

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
We now need to make certain that this issue is not malware because if we troubleshoot otherwise we may be wasting our time.

I suggest you go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

K Skrilla

K Skrilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for the Speedy Reply, going to the malware post now.

K Skrilla

K Skrilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Once again another error. thought i would go ahead and post this. however im waiting on reply from the Malware Expert. Thanks guys

Source - W32Time
Category - none
Type - Warning
EventID- 36

Description.
The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

Edited by K Skrilla, 10 July 2007 - 10:27 AM.

K Skrilla

K Skrilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
No one replied to the post i put in the Malware page so im going to send my reports here. thanks for helping me.

Attached File  HiJackThis_log.txt   6.53KB   125 downloads

K Skrilla

K Skrilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Superantispyware scan did not sumit a report
to me even after doing all the steps correctly. however
i had 5,528 infection in 6 categories. 5 were spyware and
1 was a Backdoor.RBot virus. all were cleaned it said.

Attached File  pandascan_log.txt   35.23KB   146 downloads

K Skrilla

K Skrilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Computer is still turning itself off, and it does it more now then it used to. id say i can be on there for about 20mins and it will cut off. sometimes maybe like 5 to 10 mins. thanks for your help it is well apreciated.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
K Skrilla,

Please give them up to 3 days for them to respond. Please do not post your HJT thread in this thread as no one in this thread is authorized to analyze it here.

K Skrilla

K Skrilla

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
sorry its been well over a week and i have had no reply as of yet. so i was told before if i had no reply to post in this thread. sorry for any innconvience.