Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing standby option

• Please log in to reply

jlb172

jlb172

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Good evening. I'm missing a standby option from my Gateway 7000 series notebook. I used to enable standby with just pressing the power button but recently I've had to reinstall XP and clear my hard drive. Since then, I have not had the option of standby or hibernation.

I've referenced a few posts from this forum including this one and none of these options have worked. Any patches I should know about, or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Go to Gateway's website and go to Drivers & Downloads. Enter your laptop's serial number and look through the drivers. There should be a driver there for your motherboard or chipset. That should do it.