Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

[Question] Samsung 225bw DIGITAL imaging

• Please log in to reply

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Hey all I have just recently purchased a samsung 225bw lcd monitor and I installed the dvi cable that came with it to my 8800 gts graphics card in the back. I installed the driver for the " digital imaging " instead of the " analog imaging " and rebooted the computer. But how do I know that I'm viewing in digital as opposed to analog? How do I check that? I went to device manager and I see a list of drivers here for my one monitor the samsung. Here is a picture of that.. as you can see on the bottom there where it reads samsung 225bw digital as the driver.. when I boot the computer up the first black screen on the monitor reads analog. Any ideas guys? I have both the dvi cable and this blue one shown in the picture I dont recall the name of it both plugged in to the graphics card and the monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG
  • video_connector_cr.jpg

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
The analog video connector cable is called 'VGA'. In your picture showing the ports at the back of your PC, the VGA port is the blue one. The DVI port is below it, usually white. If you wish to use the DVI port to send digital video to the monitor then the VGA port on the PC should be left disconnected. You should not use both at the same time (unless you wish to connect two monitors) Then you know for sure that the video signal is digital.

Edited by pip22, 08 July 2007 - 01:57 PM.

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I did that earlier, and when I went to reboot it brought up a black screen saying check analog signal :whistling:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0340.JPG

Edited by Thomas Aquinas, 08 July 2007 - 02:17 PM.