Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Java problem

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
I am having some problems with my internet explorer and Firefox. When i try and access certain websites the window will just close. when i try and run lime wire or azureus the program doesnt open. I think its a java problem so when i go try and download new java updates the windows just close. If you could please help that would be great.

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what websites are you having problems with...

try installing Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 Update 12...get it here...
no joy...
try this
click on start...run..type in ...cmd...press enter or click on OK...in the dos box type in ipconfig /flushdns then press enter..
be sure you put a space between ipconfig and the /
type in exit

no joy ...
try this...
TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands click on Start.... Run..... type in...CMD ....click OK..to open a command prompt box

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults...type in ... netsh winsock reset catalog .... press ...enter

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults...type in...... netsh int ip reset reset.log ... press ...enter

using any P2P programs is asking for malware...you may want to take a trip through the malware forum here...

Edited by happyrck, 09 July 2007 - 10:16 AM.