Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Save My Settings Wizard won't open my OPS file

• Please log in to reply

ristretto6

ristretto6

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Has anyone ever had troubles with this feature before? I have been using it to back up my autocorrect settings and macros for the past year and have been extremely happy with it, as my work depends on having these autocorrect settings at my fingertips.

However I just tried to do a restore with my backup of my saved settings (OPS) file and I get the following error message: "The OPS file cannot be read by the wizard. For more information, see the proflwiz.hlp file." I checked this file out and can't figure out why it's not working, and am getting pretty desperate at this point because my work really depends on these settings which I thought I had done a great job of backing up! I even tried an earlier version of the file and still the same problem. I did just uninstall and reinstall Office XP (which is why I need to restore my OPS settings) but it was the same version as I had previously saved my OPS file with, and I can't figure out anything else that I'm doing differently!

Any ideas, or has anyone encountered this before??

Thanks so much in advance,
-lindsey

Advertisements