- More efficient. Instead of waiting for a specific person to respond to a request, many people have the opportunity.
- Better support. We all have different strengths. Presenting a problem to everyone allows the person best able, a chance to respond.
- Help others. A question posted and answered in the forums allows others with the same issue a chance to read and resolve it.
- It's free. We ONLY offer free help. We do NOT offer on-site, toll-free or remote assistance. We're often confused with other 'geeks'.
- Quick help with Live Chat. It's not meant for complex support issues, but may be able to help with an immediate need. It's especially useful for questions related to using the site, and/or forums.
Why is support only offered via the forums?
Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:53 PM
Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:39 PM
Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:01 PM
Posted 17 December 2008 - 11:52 AM
What can I do to clear this virus?
Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:25 PM
Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:51 PM
Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:53 AM
I can't access control panel, i tried to get it on and its saying that its blocked by system administrator
i need to use my computer
Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:18 AM
Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.
Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:54 AM
I originally posted a malware assistance request here about five days ago. I chose Geeks To Go over the alternatives because, based on the frequency of responses in other forums, G2G seemed most responsive. Unfortunately, your team must be too busy to try and sort this one out, or whatever I have is a complete mystery. That's genuinely understandable, although I am of course a little disappointed too, since it would help by this point even to hear a "We're stumped on this one".
Which of the other malware forums out there do you as admins recommend I move my inquiry to?
The original post is here:
Posted 24 April 2009 - 07:59 AM
Posted 25 April 2009 - 04:57 PM
Posted 25 April 2009 - 05:07 PM
Posted 07 September 2009 - 02:51 PM
Posted 07 September 2009 - 03:51 PM
this is the wrong place to post your question, If you think its a malware problem I would suggest that you start a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal area. Before you post a log click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your logs.
If you don't think its a malware probem, you can post you question in the XP forum here