Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why is support only offered via the forums?

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
The only way to receive support at Geeks to Go is through the forums. We often get requests for support via email and personal message. Unfortunately, due to the sheer number of these requests, they are often deleted without reply, or perhaps you received a link here. Why is support only offered via the forums?
  • More efficient. Instead of waiting for a specific person to respond to a request, many people have the opportunity.
  • Better support. We all have different strengths. Presenting a problem to everyone allows the person best able, a chance to respond.
  • Help others. A question posted and answered in the forums allows others with the same issue a chance to read and resolve it.
  • It's free. We ONLY offer free help. We do NOT offer on-site, toll-free or remote assistance. We're often confused with other 'geeks'.
  • Quick help with Live Chat. It's not meant for complex support issues, but may be able to help with an immediate need. It's especially useful for questions related to using the site, and/or forums.

Edited by admin, 21 April 2010 - 01:12 PM.

Advertisements

baloncelista

baloncelista

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I am baloncelista... I hope somebody could help me with my problem... I have a Clone desktop computer run with windows xp profesional but it have being giving me problems is to slow... I bought a program RegCure to fix it but it didh't help, it got it worse. I hope somebody could help me through this site. Thanks...

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi baloncelista,

You will need to create a new topic. If you think your slow computer is infected with a virus, follow these instructions.

Otherwise, start a new topic in the Windows XP section of this forum.

And perhaps, a little more information might be helpful.

Troy

heloisa

heloisa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need help . I got a virus on my computer. The screen is fushia color and I can't open my doc.
What can I do to clear this virus?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
heloisa,

Please go here and follow the directions. This may help you clean up the issues yourself. If you still need help after that, or you're unable to complete the instructions, please post a hijackthis log in this forum.

LOCOprobe

LOCOprobe

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
I think you guys do a great job. I have been helped many times in a very quick manner.

Thanks alot

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
thank you for the kind words, and we are glad you got sorted :)

jeanell

jeanell

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys, am sort of impatient with this system administrator thing, who or what is it?
I can't access control panel, i tried to get it on and its saying that its blocked by system administrator
i need to use my computer :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Hi jeanell

Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

akaaka

akaaka

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello admins,

I originally posted a malware assistance request here about five days ago. I chose Geeks To Go over the alternatives because, based on the frequency of responses in other forums, G2G seemed most responsive. Unfortunately, your team must be too busy to try and sort this one out, or whatever I have is a complete mystery. That's genuinely understandable, although I am of course a little disappointed too, since it would help by this point even to hear a "We're stumped on this one".

Which of the other malware forums out there do you as admins recommend I move my inquiry to?

The original post is here:
http://www.geekstogo...et-t236291.html

Cheers,

akaaka

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You have posted in The Waiting Room, usually topics there get a reply within 24 hours. Have a little more patience.

akaaka

akaaka

• Pip
  • 5 posts
It's been in the waiting room for three days now. I'm sorry guys, it's definitely time to take this request elsewhere at this point.

SpySentinel

SpySentinel

R.I.P.

• Retired Staff
  • 5,152 posts
I have replied to your topic.

Sacaj

Sacaj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having a problem with my computer it is very slow. When i am opening my program sometimes they take about a minute to open. i've tried everything from defragmenting, disk clean up and check disk but my computer is still slow. i have symantic anti-virus software installed to my system to the best of my knowledge it is working but sometimes take time to activate when system starts up. So please send the best recommendations to me ASAP.

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I Sacaj,

this is the wrong place to post your question, If you think its a malware problem I would suggest that you start a new thread in the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal area. Before you post a log click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide
this will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your logs.

If you don't think its a malware probem, you can post you question in the XP forum here

thanks