Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

[RESOLVED] Data recovery from hard drives in RAID-0 array...NEED HELP

• Please log in to reply

Lungfixer

Lungfixer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
My current computer died on me. I dont know if it was the proc or mobo that failed, but it wont power up unless I remove the four-pin connector (running from the power supply to the mobo) that powers the CPU. In any event, this thing is going on five years of service so I purchased all brand new hardware (case, mobo, proc, memory, graphics card, etc), but decided to save the two existing 250GB hard drives (which replaced the two original 80GB HD's about a year ago) and purchased two additional ones to set up four drives in RAID 0+1.

Here is my concern...

The two internal hard drives were set up in SATA RAID-0 configuration , and I assume they wont boot up on the new motherboard since it is a completely different BIOS, so...

is there a way to recover the data from the existing drives, or have I lost it all?

PLEASE DONT TELL ME ITS LOST...the computer went totally dead as I was in PhotoShop completing the post-processing on images from a wedding shoot I did (over 800 images to be exact). I worked on them for over six-hours straight and never stopped to back-up the completed PP images to my external firewire drive before my computer took a nosedive. I do have the original RAW images on my external drive, but I dont really want to start from scratch on the PP. I was wondering...if I installed the two new internal HD to load the OS on, can I somehow pull the data from the original two HD's onto the those??

BTW...I dont know if it matters or not, but the original mobo is an MSI Neo 875P-FISR with Intel ICH5R controller and Award BIOS v??...the new mobo I'll be using is an ASUS P5K Deluxe WiFi Edition (P35 chipset) with Intel ICH9R controller and ASUS Crashfree BIOS 3.

I REALLY need to save all that work I did on those images, so any help provided would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Edited by Lungfixer, 09 July 2007 - 12:56 PM.

Advertisements

Lungfixer

Lungfixer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
WOW, zero replies!! I guess the "geeks to go" are...gone??

Edited by Lungfixer, 09 July 2007 - 12:57 PM.

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Being a Raid-0 there is absolutely no fault tolerance, so unless you can get it to boot on your old computer then I am afraid all of your data is lost.