Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can i delete everything apart from my OS?

• Please log in to reply

Fairyfield

Fairyfield

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I'm having some problems with my computer, and i figured i wouldn't mind a fresh start.

There is nothing on my computer i need, just music and games which i can access again via my other computer.

However, having the computer for quite some time now i've found it takes a little longer to do things, load up etc...

Is there an easy way i can just wipe everything of my computer? And not have to install the OS again?

I have Windows Vista Home premium, it was a Vista capable PC and i was sent the free upgrade after applying for it.

Now i would not mind having to wipe EVERYTHING including the OS if i new i would be able to use the same CD's it came with for installation.

I would very much apreciate it if someone could talk me through what i need to do, if what i want done, can be done.

Thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You can wipe the machine easily, but it won't be very usable. You really need an OS to make the most of the machine. :whistling: