Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Transformers

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Saw it this weekend.....i almost cried a little.

I'm a dork, it's not something to hide from...i embrace it as a strength. of course this personality trait has made me a bumbling buffoon for the past year waiting for this movie to come out. of cousre, i'm a comic book fan so your X-men, spidermen, fantastic quatro, etc.. movies usually get a little excitement out of me...but they're not transformers.... i'd scream and hoot every time i saw a trailer for transformers, and i made almost everyone at work's life a living [bleep] talking about this movie (except for one loyal dork with whom i can discuss all things star wars, star trek, and transformers). no other movie has gotten this kind of anticipation from me....even movies that i think will be great usually just get a "i'll see that some time"

Finally it's out and i got to see it...and OH MY GOD was it great. there are some inaccuracies (what...something innacurate about a complete fantasy movie? yeah)...but most of those were licensing problems (bumblebee is not a VW beetle...instead he's a corvette...still cool) and the rest...well they're irrellevant compared to the rest of the movie..

all the CGI is FLAWLESS....or at least so cool that you don't see the flaws (it was reported that it took 35+ hours to complete a single frame...and if all the polygons used were laid end to end, they'd go to the moon and back a few times)....the plot leaves a little to be desired but....it's a freakin transformers movie...who needs a plot? it was a real treat having Peter Cullen voice optimus prime again...unfortunately the guy who did megatron's voice (Frank Welker ) didn't age well and his voice couldn't be used...they only got the original "transforming noise" in there once or twice that i could hear...but it sent chills down my spine when i did hear it...brought back alot of great times from my youth..

they set the movie up in such a way that they've garunteed a sequel (if not 2 or 3)...but it's not that far of a stretch to follow the original plotline to form a loose prediction

#1...they all fight, megatron get's hosed, starscream goes into hiding
#2...starscream comes back with "the boys", they all fight, Unicron (THE decepticon..you know..the one who transforms into a planet?) comes in, finds megatron and rebuilds him into Galvatron (bigger, faster, meaner) at the end of the movie
#3...Galvatron kicks the snot out of Starscream (either destroys him or just beats him into submission) then goes back to fighting autobots...might see primus (THE autobot...BIG guy...really big) make an appearance...who knows?

another fun rumor: there MIGHT be a voltron movie in the works as well..maybe out next year at this time
*dsenette salivates

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
I have been waiting to go see it, but the wife and I have been a little busy lately. I remember faithfully watching the cartoon in my younger years so I am pretty excited to see the movie.

Funny thing… I had a guy at work tell me he seen it, right away I start saying don’t tell me don’t tell me…I am going to go see it. So he says “I didn’t really like it… there were just to many things that didn’t seem real” I couldn’t stop laughing I almost fell over.. and I say to him “when’s the last time you seen a transformer going down the road… it’s a fantasy movie you moron” :whistling:

I will most likely get out this next weekend and go see it.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I went out and saw it with my dad He was not too excited he said that it was funny in some parts.

Me I liked it the graphics CGI was excellent. It had a good amount of humor and action. I plan on buying the movie.

burntchips

burntchips

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
watched it the third time. good movie. rate it with one of the best. defiintely buying the dvd.