Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Email Attachments won't Attach

• Please log in to reply

Lady Krystal

Lady Krystal

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am having a problem when I try to attach a document to an email. It attaches, but when I hit send I get an error message saying that the document cannot be found and asking if I want to send the email anyway. This is a relatively new computer with Windows XP. (Which, by the way, I am totally unimpressed with.) thank you for any help!

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
What e-mail software are you using?

Lady Krystal

Lady Krystal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Outlook Express

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to uninstall and reinstall Outlook Express. Go to control panel > add/remove programs. On the side coloumn you will see add/remove Windows component. Click on it, wait few seconds and a list of windows components will show up. Uncheck outlook express and confirm. Reboot the computer. Repeat the process but this time re-check outlook express and confirm. Reboot and see if it makes any difference. This process will not damge files saved in folders nor will it damage the address book.

Lady Krystal

Lady Krystal

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks, I will try it and let you know.