Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows XP updation after system restore !

• Please log in to reply

mycomputerhelp004

mycomputerhelp004

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I restored my system completely (windows xp + softwares that was preinstalled on the PC at the factory ) using restore Cd provided by the computer manufacturer. After that I scanned my system for updates by clicking window updates " ...it showed 42 critical updates/24 XP updates and 4 drive updates !
NOW...I started updating ...after selecting almost 6 updates ...I rebooted and searched for rest of the updates using window update ...BUT STILL IT SAYS 42 CRITICAL UPDATES TO BE DONE ...INCLUDING THE ONES WHICH I ALREADY DID !!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THOSE UPDATES WHICH I THOUGHT I DID ??? WHY IT STILL SAYS 42 ..SEEMS LIKE ITS NOT GETTING UPDATED ???!!.PLEASE HELP ME , ..../// THANKS YOU VERY MUCH !. <_<

THANKS FOR THAT QUICK REPLY : I TRIED TO DOWN LOAD THAT PATCH (Q814033_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe) BUT WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO FINISH DOWN LOADING I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE " The Connection With Server Was reset " , as such i couldnt down load . ...PLEASE HELP.

Edited by mycomputerhelp004, 25 May 2004 - 11:45 AM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Try this suggested fix from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

Windows XP Patch: Offered Driver May Not Install Using Windows Update
This update addresses the "Offered driver may not install using Windows Update" issue in Windows XP.
Quick Info
File Name:
Q814033_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe
Download Size:
416 KB
Date Published:
3/5/2003
Version:

mycomputerhelp004

mycomputerhelp004

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
THANKS FOR THAT QUICK REPLY : I TRIED TO DOWN LOAD THAT PATCH (Q814033_WXP_SP2_x86_ENU.exe) BUT WHEN I WAS ABOUT TO FINISH DOWN LOADING I GOT AN ERROR MESSAGE " The Connection With Server Was reset " , as such i couldnt down load . ...PLEASE HELP. <_<

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
See if you can download it from the attachment below.

Attached Files