Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is..?

• Please log in to reply

Gibbs1

Gibbs1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Ok. So, what is ccApp? I'm thinking it might be a virus. Obviously I know nothing about computers but I've noticed that lately my computer has been slow in doing some pretty basic things. (Only slow on occastion; other times it performs normally). My wireless internet also fails sometimes but when I click repair connection it works fine again. Also, as of late, when I shut down my computer it automatically opens an "End Task" window and the name of the program it's attempting to close is ccApp. Is this a virus? If it isn't is there anything I can do to fix this? (And any suggestions on what the problem might be?) And if it is a virus, how can I get rid of it? My computer came with a free temporary trial of Norton (it has expired and my dad doesn't plan on renueing it). Can I use that? I refuse to download that monster looking virus thing on my computer. The last one I downloaded it to crashed.
Please help.
Thanks!

(I don't know if you need to know but I use a Compaq Presario V5000 with Windows XP and it has a wireless adapter built in)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Process File: ccapp.exe or ccapp
Process Name: Symantec Common Client CC App

What is ccApp.exe?

ccApp is an important part of the protection that Norton AntiVirus or Norton Internet Security provides and should not be disabled at startup. It calls the different program features in these products and makes sure that those programs are running.

If Norton has run out and you are not going to renew it, download and save AVG Free

http://www.filehippo..._avg_antivirus/

Use add and remove to uninstall the trial version of Norton, check there for other Symantec items such as Live Update

Restart the PC

Install AVG then restart the PC

Update AVG and run a full system scan

If the PC still runs slow

Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum