Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Game shutdown

• Please log in to reply

Dish

Dish

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Howdy.

Man, I am so confused! Basically, what is happening is that whenever I play a game of any reasonably high spec, which is quite often, if I pause the game or a cut sequence happens, my computer emits a high pitched beep for about five seconds and shuts down, as if I pulled out the power connector. Can anyone give me a hand?

Thanks.

Edited by Dish, 11 April 2005 - 04:05 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
high spec games cause a lot of heat, but the beep is interesting.

Try opening her up (ground yourself), cleaning the dust bunnies from your video card and cpu fans (hold fans blades and blast with compressed air--hold because compressed air spins blades too fast and will burn the bearings)

Use a small fan and blow a light breeze across the system---does it repeat

Also, type

start, run type
eventvwr.msc
Look at APplications for big red Xs

Dish

Dish

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks I'll give it a shot.

Are there any other suggestions?

Dish

Dish

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah that didn't work.

I put another fan into it, but that only lets me play for longer without it shutting down. Which is a bonus, I guess. :tazz: