Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

SCSI/Raid Host Controller

• Please log in to reply

Jerico

Jerico

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I booted up my computer like any other day and then I got a message that a new hardware device has been detected and wants to download a new driver. I dont have the original disk and I cant seem to find the update online.

I have a
VAIO R VGC-RA834G System which shows that I have a

Intel®82801FR SATA Raid Controller. Besides that I dont know what to do from this point.

Advertisements

acklan

acklan

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 442 posts
  • MVP
Here is the link to the software and updates. Sony VAIO R VGC-RA834G
Here is the software for the Intel® 82801FR SATA Raid Controller

Evilken

Evilken

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
I have the same problem but I dont know who makes my scsi and raid controller. It says that everything is unknown and it cant find any hardware when I run the driver update wizard. Its really annoying as I cant print anything as it always fails and the wizard comes up when I plug the printer in. I have got all the latest printer drivers from hp but it still doesnt work.
Cheers

PC-Dell D620
Printer-HP laserjet 1020