Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

windows xp crash and cant boot:(

• Please log in to reply

tolis

tolis

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi all. Just saw your site and it rocks!!!:blink:
Anyway im sorry for my bad english and i hope you guys will help me out cause my mind will blow off...

heres the story so far..

Im sitting on my vaio (runnin xp pro) and sudenly it freezes up)
i restart it and it stucks in 'windows is starting up' i try to repair the boot and says succesfull. i reboot again but same thing...
Then i try to repair xp with the repair way on the same directory so i will not loose my files. After a succesfull repair after the boot i get the [bleep] lssaas or whats its name error!!!!:help: Now i fixed that too with the registry and now it goes to the screen where it says windows is starting up and after 2 mins it says applying new settings and stucks over there...
Also i try to create a new boot but nothing same thing im doing chckdsk /r but i have little hopes... plz some1 help me cause i tryed everything...:whistling:

Advertisements

tolis

tolis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Also it cant boot to safe mode.. same windows is starting up thing.. it stucks over there:(

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You may have an overheating problem with your laptop. Try arranging it so it receives good cool air passage on the bottom side and see if this helps.

Ron

tolis

tolis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i try that.. but no luck..:whistling:

tolis

tolis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
ok i dont know what happend but it loged in. time to back up all the files:) Majoer thanks for helping me:)

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. If you find out the solution to the problem, please post back with it.

Ron